Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Rebecca

In Hebrew the name Rebecca means beauty. My dear friend Rebecca is full of grace and beauty, inside and out. She floats through life on a sea of integrity and kindness. Always giving to others, she is the definition of unconditional love. I have been blessed to call her my friend for over 17 years.

Rebecca has loved me, when I did not love myself. She held hope for me when I had none. She has nourished and nurtured me with her compassion and caring.
She has always seen the good in the relationships I had, even when I could not.

Rebecca should be the poster child for "A friend being there for you." I have trusted Rebecca, feeling safe sharing my inner most feelings, and she has never let me down. Through all the challenges and defeats, she has held my hand. Through the struggles she has encouraged me to go on. Through the fears, I have never felt alone. Tenderly, without intending to, she has guided my life... she has shown a light on my path. Now as we celebrate the victories, the challenges overcome, there is a history, a deep understanding between us, of what it took to get here...to be free at last.

Always humble, she will be a bit embarrassed to read this today. But she is deserving of these words of love and appreciation that pour from my heart.

Her non-judgemental manner always comforts me. She has taught me what it feels like to matter in someones life. Her concern for my well-being, her encouragement, and her insight all serve as reminders of what we are meant to be for each other.

Today, I thank you for all that you are in my life, Rebecca. Thank you for helping me get to the other side of the pain. God must really love me, to have blessed me with such an angel.

You mean so much to me, and I love you with all my heart.

Thank you for being my sister on this journey called life.

Godspeed, Rebecca.





No comments:

Post a Comment