Thursday, October 29, 2009

Love

"Someday, after we have mastered the winds, the waves, the tides and gravity, we shall harness for God the energies of love. Then for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire."
~ Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

The power of love. There are so many forms of love, such a variety of ways we can love one another. We can love God, our mate, our children, our friends, our co-workers, our neighbors, our beloved pets, and yes, even our ex-spouses. Do you put yourself on that list? Let's add love of self to the list. Maybe even consider putting it first, right up there with love of God, since God and I are One. For that matter, everyone on that list is God expressing.

This quote speaks to the power of love. Personally, I have a very strong belief in this power. My belief in the power of love has been the driving force that has sustained me through the great challenges in my life. It has been a lifeline, a knowing in my heart, that helped me persevere and then ultimately rejoice. It is this belief, more than any other, that I have taught my children:

LOVE ALWAYS PREVAILS. ALWAYS.

No comments:

Post a Comment