Monday, October 19, 2009

Faith in The Valley

I want to make sure you all know about the little red book, Faith in The Valley, by Iyanla Vanzant. The subtitle is, "Lessons for Women on the Journey to Peace." I believe it is relevant to men's journeys as well.

It is small enough to keep in your purse. Iyanla speaks from her soul to our soul. She is remarkable. She wrote this book for us when we are 'in our own valleys.' She says, "We have all had valley experiences: lonely, painful, confusing experiences we may believe we do not deserve, should not have, or cannot get out of. In the process of a valley experience, we often miss the lesson. A valley is a life situation designed to teach us the character traits and spiritual virtues that are undeveloped or underdeveloped during our life experiences. Valleys help us stretch, reach, and grow into our greatest potential. However, even when you know what a valley is and its potential good, you want to know what to do, how to behave in the midst of the experience. That's when you can turn to Faith in The Valley."

I recommend you close your eyes and open the book to a random page. That will be the page that contains the message you are meant to read.

Tonight I opened it up to:

"Dear Self,
If I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't change what I did. I would change the way I felt about what I did."

Wishing you peace if you ever are in your valley...

Love,
Sherry

No comments:

Post a Comment