Wednesday, September 9, 2009

PERSPECTIVE

I titled this, "Perspective" because I chose to see the events of my day from a positive view, rather than a victim consciousness, which I used to do.

Here's what took place. When I was leaving my house in the afternoon, a neighbor that I didn't know was pulling into my driveway. He told me someone had just tried to break into my car that was parked on the curb. He had stopped them!

He had been driving home, when he noticed a woman trying to break into my car, and a man waiting in "the getaway car." He yelled at them, "get out of here scumbags!" (in retrospect, this seems funny - what would you have said?) and she got back into their car. My neighbor drove off, and then it occurred to him, to drive around the block and return. Sure enough, they were still there, getting ready for another go at it. He yelled again, and they fled.

He told me his dad had been a neighborhood watch captain, and so had learned to notice things. Something didn't seem right, and he took inspired action. Good Samaritans still do exist. One of them is named Collin. I thanked him, and gave him a hug.

I was less upset than I would have been in the past. I was mostly moved by this man's actions on my behalf. I believe Spirit was watching over me, and sent help at the Divine time. Maybe the experience even helped Collin in some way. As for the "scumbags," I sent them love. I thought about what life circumstances might have brought them to that moment. I was grateful for the opportunity to see the blessings in this. I felt safe & I felt God was always watching over me.

Then I got in my car, and the song, "Hero," by Enrique Iglesias came on the radio.
The lyrics confirmed to me that God is watching over us, all the time, sending up messages of love:

"I can be your hero baby
I can kiss away the pain
I will stand by you forever
You can take my breath away

Would you swear that you'll always be mine?
Ooh, I just want to hold you,
I just want to hold you..."

(More on the rest of my day will follow...)

No comments:

Post a Comment