Monday, November 30, 2009

The Case of the Black Hefty Bag

"A belief is only a thought that I keep thinking."
~ Abraham, Esther and Jerry Hicks

I trust you all had a good Thanksgiving. I was drawn to clean out clutter over the weekend. It felt good. I put some things in a black hefty bag and placed the bag on the corner in front of my house. I put a "FREE" sign on the bag. Someone would benefit from that which I no longer needed.

The black bag sat there. No activity. I have put things out on that corner and they've been gone within an hour. The bag kept sitting there. It was good stuff, useful items, unopened things, not junk. I'd peek out the window, and darn, the black bag was still there. I thought, "No one wants my stuff, it's free, so why can't I get rid of it?" (A belief is only a thought I keep thinking) I knew I was clearing out my past when I removed the clutter. The bag was still out there. 24 hours and no takers. I decided that I hadn't done a good job of clearing out my past, emotionally. My thought was, "I must be doing something wrong, the bag is still out there." (A belief is only a thought I keep thinking)

So I checked in with Spirit and said, "Spirit reveals to me the message in the black bag still being out there." I always get an answer. (A belief is only a thought I keep thinking) The answer was to go look in the bag. I did. To my amazement, most of the stuff inside the black bag HAD been taken, and the bag was almost empty.

The light bulb went on. I kept thinking no one wanted my stuff, when actually, they had already taken it and were enjoying it. I thought there was no movement of energy, that I was stuck, when I was NOT. (A belief is only a thought I keep thinking)

My belief was that there was evidence that I wasn't doing a good job. The black bag was still sitting out there. It was my "proof." That was what I believed, and so that was what I saw. I needed to look within (the bag, and myself), and see that I actually HAD done a good job, I had released some of my past...I just didn't believe that I had.

A belief is only a thought I keep thinking...







No comments:

Post a Comment