Monday, January 11, 2010

No Crumbs

Driving today, I found myself behind a car whose personal license plate said, "NOCRMBS."

That car stayed in front of me for quite a long time. It felt like the message Spirit was sending to me was, "No Crumbs. Don't settle for the crumbs, Sherry. Go for the whole enchilada."

While I'm still watching the "NOCRMBS" license plate, a second message from Spirit appears on a sporty blue convertible, with the top down: "BAHSHRT." The frame around this said, "Cute as a Button." Being Jewish, I recognized this second plate was a reference to a Yiddish word Bashert, which means "destiny." It is a phrase that my family often used when speaking of someone's fate, as if to say, "It was meant to be." I noticed the woman driving with the top down seemed so carefree and she knew she was, "cute as a button."

A funny thing just happened. As I am writing this post, I Googled "bashert," to look up the spelling, and my screen took me to Wikipedia's definition of another Yiddish word, "shidduch," that I'm not familiar with. Apparently, Spirit wanted me to see this definition! It says shidduch is "a system of matchmaking in which Jewish singles are introduced to one another for the purpose of marriage."

Oh, this is such a hoot! I have spoken before in this blog about how Spirit is always sending us insight to help us attain our dreams.


In piecing together today's message from Spirit, this is what I am getting loud and clear: Don't settle for the crumbs...go for the best...it is your destiny. Spirit is in charge of bringing you and your beloved together for the purpose of marriage."

You gotta love this stuff! I certainly do!

Keep your eyes and ears open - Spirit is always sending us messages and guidance on how to live the life of our dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment